- TODAY IS OUR LAST CHOIR REHEARSAL WITH THE JAZZ WOLVES AT 3:00 AT THE MUSIC ROOM
- DISCOVERY IDOL THIS WEDNESDAY AT 10:15 A.M. PARENTS ARE INVITED TO ATTEND!
- The students will play the steady beat and the rhythm of the song " Ill Be Working On The Railroad" by playing the Boom-Wackers,tambourines and bells.
- -Please click this link Ill Be Working On The Railroad
- The children will repeat the first part of the song and then sing it.
- Sing and play the rhythm of the first part of the song with the Boom-Wackers, tambourines and bells.
- The Eight Note Rests
- The students will practice the action that identify and represent this musical figure.
- Notes of the week Mi, Fa and Sol (Do) Re (D) Mi (E)
- Please click on this link Color Musical Notes
- The children will learn the song Bucky (First part)
- The students will play the rhythm of the second part using minor percussion instruments such as congas and bongoes.
- The Notes of the Week Do, Re and Mi (C,D,E)
- Recognizes this 6 different notes by their color and place them on the staff using quarter notes and whole notes.
- The students will sing and keep the beat of the song Eat Them All
- -Colored notes on the Staff.
- The Kindergarten children will review the notes C,D,E,F,G and locate them on the staff. The students will use the eight note and colored notes to create short melodic patterns.
- -Reading Notation with Boomwackers.
- The class will continue playing short tunes using colored notes with this percussion instrument.
- The students will continue learning the second part of the song Peanut The Elefant
- Basic musical figures identification Quarter and Eighth notes)
- Please click on this link Musical Figures
- The 8 notes of the scale staff by color using Whole,Half, Half Dotted, Quarter and Eighth notes.
- The children will continue locating the notes in lines and spaces on the staff.
- The students will perform the staff 25 measurements on 4/4 time signature metter using G scale.
- The students will locate G and C scales notes on the staff
- Write the notes of the G major scale using eighth notes.
- Play at first sight 2 drills on G major using half notes with Xylophones
- Perform the song “Yankee Doodle” using Xilophones (Full Song)
- Create small melodic patterns using a variety of sound sources.
- Uses the musical dynamics on "Yankee Doodle" song.
- Perform the song “Yankee doodle” using Xylophones (Full Song)
- The class practice the next 4 measurements of the D,E,A and G using 1,2 and 3 finger position string from Suzuki Method.
- The class will analyze the rhythmic pattern of the drill 8 from "G string Song"
- The students will continue locating the notes in the violin and will make transitions from D to G
- The class will take musical dictation and play their dictation with their violin
- The class will continue reading at first sight the next 6 measurements of the drill 7
- The class will analyze the rhythmic pattern of the string cross drill 7
- The class will create 30 measurements of rhythmic patterns using eighth and sixteenth notes.
- The students will perform the songs for Mother`s Day during class time
- The students will play the 1,2 and 3 fingers on G string