WELCOME TO MUSIC CLASS
IMPORTANT INFO: Choir practice Wednesday 22nd at 3:00 P.M.
- The student will sing the first part of the song The Goose with the Golden Eggs
- The students will learn the lyrics of the song (First Part) keep the beat and the rhythm of the song by playing minor percussion instruments.
- The students will create 3 rhythmic measurements in 3/4 time signature meter using quarters notes and quarter notes rests
- The students will complete short rhythmic patterns in 4/4 time signature meter using quarter notes and quarter note rests
- The students will listen and learn the lyrics of the song The Princess and the Frog
- The students will sing the song and story of "The Ugly Duckling"
- The students will learn the Kodaly signs for the C scale (G,A,and B)
- The students will play the beat and rhythm of the song with minor perussion (First part)
- The students will play the Pentatonic Scale with Xilophones
- The class will read and sing 4/4 time signature meter melodic patterns using half notes
Second Grade Classic
- The class will continue creating melodic patterns based on C scale notes using xylophones
- The students will practice individually of C scale notes with the Xylophones
- The students will learn the Discovery Song (Third part)
Third Grade Class
- The class will practice the song “My Heart Will Go On” (Full Song)
- The class will practice the "F sharp" and C sharp fingering
- The students will listen to Discovery Song. (Bridge part)
Fourth Grade Class
- The class will continue working on 1,2 and 3 fingers on E,A,D and G strings
- The class will read and play the first 4 measurements of "Ode to Joy"
- The students will practice the Discovery Song (Third part).
- The students will clap de rhythmic pattern and will sing the song.
Fifth Grade Class
- The class will practice fingering position drills on E,A,D and G strings
- The class will read at first sight 16 measurements of the song Ode to Joy
- The class will sing the Discovery Song (Third part)